Date(s) - 23/08/2018
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Alliance française du Bengale
Bio of the R2T2 Guitar Duo
In June 2011 Raphaël Bereau, and Tizoc Romero decided to join forces to give birth to the “R2T2” guitar duo.
Having created a rich and various repertoire, they have been performing in several concerts through North America, Europe and Asia such as Montreal, Paris, Vienna, Barcelona, Gorizia, Calcutta, Goa…
The R2T2 guitar duo has taken part in several Masterclasses with world renowned guitarists such as Atanas Ourkousounov, Odair Assad, Carlos Domeniconi, Lorenzo Micheli, Matteo Mela etc.
They have also participated in different international competitions:
– May 2012 : Gorizia chamber music International Competition (3rd Prize)
– July 2012 : Ligita International guitar duet Competition (3rd Prize)
– December 2012 : Valencia International chamber music Competition (2nd Prize as well as public prize)
– July 2013 : International chamber music competition of “Nuits Musicales de Cieux” (2nd Prize)
– May 2014 : International guitar duo competition of “Schweinfurt” (1st Prize)
– July 2014 : International chamber music competition of “Elx” (1st Prize)
– July 2017 : Ossolla International chamber music competition (2nd Prize)
– July 2018 : Ligita International guitar duo competition (3rd Prize)
Always working towards new musical experiences, they are in the process of planning a series of projects with orchestra, including performances of the Concerto Madrigal by Joaquin Rodrigo.
In September 2016 they completed a three-week tour around India performing and giving masterclasses in cities such as Calcutta, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi and Pune.
Their second album was recorded in August 2017 and is scheduled for release it very soon!
In August 2018 they will be touring India for the second time, giving workshops, as well as masterclasses and concerts around the country.
R2T2 CLASSICAL GUITAR CONCERT PROGRAMME
Johann Sebastian Bach
English Suite No3:
“Mvt 1 : Allegro ma non troppo”,
“Mvt 2 : Minueto Pomposo”
“Mvt 3 : “Allegro Vivace”
“Mouvement 2: Andante, Rubato, melancolico and Escolaso”